Sunday, November 13, 2016

Ulta & Amazon Beauty Haul!!!

That moment...

When you get confirmation that your make-up has arrived? ELATION!

When you get home and see the package (or as I like to see them--presents)? EXCITED!

When you open the package and see that it was packaged with care to guarantee a safe trip and delivery? GRATEFUL!

When you open the products and the very thing(s) you fell in love with online are now in your procession and you tear up at how beautiful it is and the amazing taste you have? OVERWHELMING JOY!

That is a play by play of my emotional experience when I come home and unpack all that applies to my wishes and dreams, just thought I would share for the many acquiring minds and those Beauty Addicts who know the process very well!

First, I will provide the products advertisement because that is what draws attention and builds anticipation; not to mention the occasional gluttony. My review will follow.

Join me in my joy while I give you both the products review and my own; to see if they match up! Let's make it an adventure. ;) 
Vamonos!
BMynroe
XO
FINISHED LOOK AT THE END!


Ulta

1) Carli Bybel's 14 Colorshadow and Highlighter Palette by BH Cosmetics



"Beauty expert and YouTube sensation Carli Bybel designed this versatile BH Cosmetics 14 Color Eyeshadow & Highlighter Palette to dial up the drama and add excitement to your look. Carli's taste for chic refinement and modern elegance inspired her to select a collection of earthy neutrals and plummy brown shadows with four face highlighters that complement every skin tone. The mix of mattes and shimmers makes it easy to go from amped-up evening intensity to toned-down daytime options."


*What caught my attention from this advertisement is that it claimed to complement every skin tone; and it did just that! The plummy brow shadows have such a rich hue infused through out. The highlighters are so gorgeous that you will swear it's magic fairy dust. The quality of this product is phenomenal! LOVE!" 


2) Ulta+ Jenny Fox "Miss Fabulous" 12 Piece Eyeshadow Palette (Limited Edition)


"Ulta's limited edition 12 piece Miss Fabulous Eyeshadow Palette was developed in partnership with social media star Jenny Claire Fox. The Miss Fabulous palette contains matte, shimmer and glitter shades in warm tones perfect for the season. Create looks perfect from day to night, adding depth and dimension to eyes with these lightweight and buildable eyeshadows."
Shades Include:
  • Virgo (light ivory, shimmer finish)
  • Fab (light camel, matte finish)
  • Latte (medium champagne, shimmer finish)
  • Guru (deep reddish orange, pearl finish)
  • Mitten (dark pinkish mauve, shimmer finish)
  • Sugar Bear (warm brown with yellow undertones, pearl finish)
  • Polished (golden yellowish cream, shimmer finish)
  • Fox (pinkish beige, golden shimmer finish)
  • Arizona (bright medium orange, matte finish)
  • Frankie (terracotta orange, matte finish)
  • Coco (deep reddish brown, pearl finish)
  • Louis (deep golden chocolate brown, shimmer finish)




*"Miss Fabulous" that's when it caught my eye. Seeing a shade named "Virgo"--is what sealed the deal (September 22)! This palette has many different and FUN colors that come in various types; shimmer finish & matte finish are among them. It's perfect to play around with when creating new and original looks--it's a crayon box for the beauty girl! So much fun I had with product!*


Amazon

3) Ben Nye Luxury Powder (Banana)


"Ben Nye Luxury banana powder provides superior matte and subtle finishing. Often compared to French powders with silky-fine textures. This is the now famous banana powder used on certain reality stars for that perfect finish by her makeup artist." 

*As a woman of color I had been conflicted about Ben Nye Luxury Powder because of the uncertainty of what shade I should get to both highlight and compliment my skin tone. There are TON of videos and reviews from women of color that testify to how unsatisfied they are with the shade they purchased; but I noticed that no one was really complaining about the quality of the product and I now know why. Because the quality is BOMB! "Luxury" means actually that. From the application, setting and buffing-- this powder is capable of that and much more. "Banana" was the shade I purchased based on instinct; so when I saw how fine it blended in with my skin tone, I gave myself a pat on the back.*


FINISHED LOOK!





No comments:

Post a Comment