Sunday, June 18, 2017

"Dolled Up" Look Of The Day

"Dolled Up"
May 26, 2017


I had just installed my crochet braids, 4 months after purchase. For some reason, I had the impulse when buying my "Spring Weave"- Italian Wave Crochet Weave; to pick up some braids. 
This was my first attempt and I am happy to report that the experience and installment went well. A chunk of time, with the braiding! I managed to improve my hair maintenance skills by venturing out. A win-win!

*Patience* 
Patience with the hair installment and with this beauty look. The inspiration behind this look is the fact that I felt beautiful. 
I was internally gratified with accomplishing a task I had set out to do and whatever look I decided to create would only be enhancing the beauty I felt in my heart. 

*Lashes*
This is also the beginning of me venturing into lashes. I have been intimidated by lashes for years, but I knew how they could not only enhance my looks but that if I am to be a evolving self-taught MUA, I knew I would have to get over it. Patience played a huge part in grasping this skill. A lot. Of patience. 

*Photography*
I take my own pictures. I adore photography. I was properly introduced in college but I had always had a love for it. Since then, I've done research. I've invested; externally and internally. As being both the photographer and model was/is a very dynamic collaboration that needs to be stirred very delicately
Somewhere in time, I found both the love for editing as much as I enjoyed posing for the photo. I allowed myself to enjoy both experiences. In that, I captured a picture that I personally thought was very beautiful because I felt beautiful, in that moment. 
What followed after posting on Instagram had me closing my eyes because the reaction blow away my possible expectation. All I could do, all I did was simply sit and quietly see the love and support from those I knew not, which made the experience that much more beautiful because I was so humbled.
I shed a tear because had that had happened 2 years ago, it would have been in vain because I wouldn't have appreciated it. I wouldn't have understood the amazing blessings that it was/is riddled with. 
So thank YOU. 
It means the world to me, sug! xo

*Thank You*
Instant Age Rewind Eraser (Brightener & Illuminator) Maybelline
Powerpoint Eye Pencil "Engraved" Mac Cosmetics
"Cabernet" Lipliner Jordana Cosmetics




No comments:

Post a Comment