Sunday, April 23, 2017

Purple Madness MOTD


Makeup

I had been wanting to create a makeup with a purple lip FOREVER but I had yet to find the right shade; or maybe the right shade hadn't found me.

 ;)

I came across "Purple Madness" by Black Radiance during my early Spring 2017 Beauty Haul & felt both empowered and intrigued by the hue and composition; not to mention it was the very last tube left!

*fate*

This color is not intimidating at all, it brought out and complimented my skin tone. It didn't project harsh, something I was weary of as a woman of color. It goes on smoothly and easily manageable. 

This was the perfect introduction into me experimenting with bolder colors!   


And then...


IG Post:

"You Guys!!! I am geeking out! πŸ˜°πŸ˜„ I  just adore @blackradiancebeauty πŸ˜˜ Always so encouraging to me πŸ’‹#BlackGirlMagic ✨✨"

@bmynroe

(March 20)

Hair


In the wake of Spring, I decided that it was time for me to refresh and polish my skills with protective styles for my natural hair. 

I have been au natural for about 3 years now & I've learned to respect and invest in the high maintenance it takes to keep it manageable and in my perfectionist perception--acceptable

Crocheting weave (in this case BIG Brazilian Style) into my braided hair has proven to be my trusted Go-To protective style. 

IG Post:

"My #CurrentSituation with my hair is attributed to Dominican-Style Crochet weave and my protective style braiding. I do my own hair & I've spent years trying to not just perfect my technique of braiding but patterned braiding. The struggle has been so real πŸ˜ πŸ˜‘πŸ˜’πŸ˜₯πŸ˜’πŸ˜’!!!!  BUT through perseverance I can proudly say--I kicked ass this time!πŸ’’πŸ‘‹πŸ’’πŸ˜ "


@bmynroe

(March 18)

Mynroe

#TBH- I am very proud of this look because not only did I overcome an insecurity and accomplishing the goal(s) I had involuntarily set out for--improving my braiding, mastering lashes & most importantly, humbly showcasing my evolution and growth.


IG Post:

"A. Nice. Chain. Of. Events."

@bmynroe

(March 19)

-BMynroe 

No comments:

Post a Comment